Job Role: Property Litigation Paralegal
Firm: A firm that continuously provides an excellent, professional service.
Our client who specialises in the Residential and Commercial sector is looking to strengthen its Property department by appointing a Property Litigation Paralegal on a permanent, full-time basis.
You will be given responsibility and support to help you develop your professional skills, and you will be encouraged to think strategically, use initiative, and sound judgment.
- Assisting the head of the department
- Reviewing leases and dealing with landlord & tenant disputes
- Assisting fee earners with breach matters
- Preparing court applications via form N244 to assist county court money claims
- Assisting with client instructions and liaising with clients to obtain further information to progress the case
- Obtaining title information from the Land Registry and analysing the documentation to advise your colleagues and clients
- Drafting and serving formal demands, contractual and statutory notices
- Assisting in drafting pleadings, supporting witness statements in support of court applications Preparing statements of costs, cost budgets, and disclosure lists;
- Enforcing judgments via HCEO/bailiff
- 1-3 years of experience in Property Litigation/Landlord & Tenant long lease disputes
- A working knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules, a familiarity with leases, enforcement of judgments, and insolvency
- Excellent but concise communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong organisation and administration skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively
- A friendly and personable approach with colleagues and clients and an ability to deal with matters sensitively and explain complex issues to clients
- Strong IT and document management skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe, and an ability to pick up new systems quickly
For more information, contact our team today.